BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, January 17, 2011

Nefertiti, Like An Aunt

It was only a few days ago when G', my World Perspective's teacher, introduced me to the great, Nefertiti. She inspired me. She inspires everyone. She truely is the 'beautiful one' in all the eyes of Egypt. Usually, only the kings get say and the female opinions didn't matter, but Nefertiti was rumored to have made most of the decisions in power. She obviously had a LOT of money and that influenced the amount of friends she had in her lifetime.

She taught me that sometimes giving your opinion can lead to some difficult consequences. Sometimes it's best to hold your tongue, or you maybe end up banished like she did. Although, sometimes we must share our own beliefs to lead to something greater than before. Unfortunately, Tutankhamen wasn't to fond of that idea and had her banished.

Nefertiti meant a lot to me and I will do my very best to show that to you today. Nefertiti was a caring mother to her six children. She was a loving wife to her husband, Akhenaten. She went along with "his" decisions and raised their children together. Nefertiti had a glow. She was radiant, maybe because she was just royalty or maybe because she really is the "beautiful one". She laughed like no other, and that might be what I missed the most about the girl. In one word I would describe her as glamorous. She really was fit to play the role of the queen. Her leaving creates a void that can never be filled. In this time of mourning, our memories will give me great comfort. We possessed a special friendship. She was like an aunt to me. Her life was much too short. I like to think that she's never left me - for she will always be with me in spirit.

Nefertiti's disappearance made me realize something. It made me not want to dwell on the past or the future for that matter. We shouldn't get caught up in the fact of how and when we'll die or even when and if we, ourselves will disappear someday - but to live in the present. I plan to focus on my current loved ones and just to stop fretting and enjoy life. Although, she will always have a place in my heart.

0 comments: